Saturday, February 3, 2018

Depop Pickups 0.0

Though my main mode of shopping is facing the thrift shop racks, over the past few weeks, I've had far too much free time and access to app, Depop. For those of you unfamiliar, Depop is an app based around buying and selling from individuals- essentially a cuter designed eBay. What's so great about it is not only does it cut down on those with an itching to buy from fast fashion, but it also hinders those from throwing out their old threads and contributing to the 13.1 million tons of textiles sitting in American landfills per year. Though I would never rely on the shopping app to completely build my wardrobe, what I've found it's best for is locating specific items- especially ones you're already 100% of the sizing (think: shoes, brands you've bought from before, etc). I'd have to say Depop has fueled an online shopping craze that hadn't been tapped inside me yet (it's a thrift store on the internet- a perfect storm) and is only at the tip of the iceberg with draining my paycheck but at least its ethical??


xPlatform Doc Martens ($50)

As previously mentioned, there is no shoe I love more than my Docs and I've fallen head over heels with these platform men's style low tops. What drew me most to these were the subtle masculine notes (I believe they were originally marketed as unisex)- I just always feel like Harry Styles when stomping in them. Since picking these up for half the retail price, I've given my maroon classics a bit of a break and taken the low tops roughly everywhere. Even with the platform, they're still SO comfortable and proved this when I saw Joyce Manor a few weeks back- if my feet could survive three hours of standing, dancing, moshing, and running to the subway in these, they're definite keepers. Also don't be afraid to purchase shoes with a lil scuffing like these were! If the price is lowered because of it, it's so easy to take your shoes to a local shoemaker/shiner and get them good as new (also I feel like I've found the holy grail by buying Docs used and not having to go through the breaking in period).

(seller: Orenda Lou)



xChecked Romper ($5)

I picked this up on a whim whilst ordering the next two pieces from the same seller- it just seemed like such an easy throw on piece for when it gets warmer and I can hardly ever resist. Since it came, I've donned this far too many times when I don't feel like getting dressed to stay inside but still don't want to sit in my pajamas- I can't wait to spend days in the summer lounging in the grass of parks wearing this beauty.


(ft: this belt i thrifted ages ago) 

xHippie Dress ($10)

I'd had the same fantasy of picnicking and journaling outside whilst wearing this romantic piece- I was a little nervous to order it honestly since I wasn't sure how it'd fit but it's melded perfectly to my body. Overall just such a look with so many cute details (those button straps!) that I can't wait to wear once the heat comes back. Real Birkin vibes on this one.


xDoc Marten Mary Janes ($40)

You'd think I'd hold myself back from buying a second Doc Marten product yet here we are. Ever since purchasing a pair of canvas Mary Janes from the British brand, and nearly wearing them to death, I'd decided it was time to invest in the leather ones that would hopefully hold up better. I was nearly close to purchasing these retail (something I strongly try to avoid) before finding these babies. Though I'd been leaning towards ones in black in order to replace my old pair, I've never shied away from a good pair of maroon docs and hope that once the weather gets warmer (there's definitely a pattern here), these will be my stand ins for my trusted classics of the same color. Overall, I just love the delicacy of the shape paired with the hardness of leather, along with the sweet details like the little butterflies on the toes- perfect for about any mood in an ensemble.

(seller: Nudiesuit -ps she is the absolute best 10/10 would rec)

much love, 
Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment