Monday, October 29, 2018

Vegan Eaaats (0.0)

As if I don't talk about it enough, ya girl is a vegan. 
And I've gotta say that there's hardly any excuse for me not to be with such incredible options for going out to eat. For the nyc foodie/tourist/vegan/person who likes to eat food that tastes good, I've compiled a list of my personal vegan favorite spots (at the moment) around the city. If you take anything from this, it's that I go out to eat far too often. 

the kickin' cowgirl 

- Champ's Diner 
Bushwick, Brooklyn 

There was a point in which me and my roommate were going here once a week (despite the multiple subway transfer commute) just because of how often we crave it. Being from New Jersey, there's nothing I appreciate more than a good diner and that's an understatement when it comes to Champ's. Beware of the wait (the worst was when we got excited because it was only forty five minutes)- I've waited in the snow for two hours- shit's worth it. 

order: buffalo chicken sandwich, blackberry crumble milkshake, and mozzarella sticks 

-Superiority Burger
Lower East Side, Manhattan

I'd like to shout out my lunch stipend at work for funding majority of my trips here. Superiority burger is your classic burger joint...without the meat. Everything served is vegetarian but can be vegan upon request!

order: vegan Megamouth 

2 pepperoni slices, one white slice, and a buffalo cauliflower slice

-Screamer's Pizzeria
Greenpoint, Brooklyn

I seriously cannot speak highly enough of this place. Literally the best vegan pizza, if not overall best pizza, I've ever had. Also bonus points for filling you up so well. 

order: grandma slice and buffalo cauliflower slice 

my beloved bowery

-Orchard Grocer
Lower East Side, Manhattan 

Ever since going vegan, I've been missing bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches tremendously and even though my standards on bagels is ridiculously high (hey, I'm a new jersey jew), Orchard Grocer has really been there for me in these trying times. Along with their deli, they also offer a compact specialty vegan grocery store complete with actually good mac and cheese (I'm looking at you Daiya) and some of the best sour cream I've ever had. Of course bonus points for the cats that live at the shoe store attached to the deli. 

order: The Bowery on an everything bagel with spicy mayo 


-Marty's V-Burger
Midtown, Manhattan

All my vegan fast food dreams. Seriously. 

order: buffalo drum sticks, original burger, mac and cheese, and fries 

-Jajaja
Lower East Side, Manhattan 

Incredible vegan Mexican food with a gorgeous atmosphere. 

order: nachos with guac (they put a ridiculous amount on top, god bless them) and a chorizo burrito. 

-Bunna Cafe 
Bushwick, Brooklyn 

Not to be dramatic, but this is my favorite restaurant ever. The food is absolutely incredible and reasonably priced- I'm a true lover of substitutions but the way they season their plant based dishes is insane. I can't speak highly enough of this place. 

order: Highly rec doing the feast between two people which comes out to about $8 each (I know)

Shout out to all of these places for draining my bank account and filling my heart and stomach. I love you New York and all your vegan options. 

-Annie Louise





No comments:

Post a Comment